Agent Occupancy in Call Center is one of the Key Parameter to you understand Call Center Performance. Let see how this is impacting:
- Occupancy is also known as utilization rate.
- This is the period of logged-in time agents spend on call-related activity. Call-related activity covers talk time, hold, and after-call work (ACW).
- An occupancy rate of 75% indicates that agents spent that proportion of their logged-in time on call-related activity.
- The remaining 25% of their logged-in time was spent waiting to take calls.
How to Calculate occupancy
Occupancy Rate = (Total call Handling Time/Total Logged in time)*100
Total call Handling Time = Talk time + Hold Time + ACW Time
Point to Remember
- The most obvious consequence of occupancy rates that run close to 100% is agent burnout.
- Higher occupancy means little or no time between calls.
- This is known to drive down both agent satisfaction and performance, and may ultimately result in agents leaving the call center.
- Another serious issue with high occupancy is a lack of spare capacity.
- A high but sustainable rate of 70% indicates that traffic could increase further without seriously impacting service levels.
- When a center approaches 100% occupancy, however, the resulting queues and low average speed of answer (ASA) represents a different and no less significant form of inefficiency.
- If it is too low, agents have little to do, and the contact center is essentially wasting money.
- Also if it is too high, agents are overburdened, and the center is operating too close to its capacity. Call queues will grow, and service level suffers.
How to Manage Occupancy
Blended agents – Agents who can take inbound or outbound calls as required – make it reasonably straightforward to adapt.
Assign Another Task – Agents can be assigned to other activities like email correspondence or e-learning. However, while this does fill time, the inability to measure progress means it is not guaranteed to be any more efficient than having agents simply wait to take calls.
Would you like to get started with our Innovative Call Center Technology, please feel free to Contact Us:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org